CALL FOR APPLICATIONS : MAP RESIDENCY, EST-NORD-EST, SAINT-JEAN PORT JOLI, QUEBEC, DEADLINE : OCTOBER 1st 2016
In the Framework of the Map mobility programme, Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes and Est-Nord-Est launch a call for applications for three different periods in Saint-Jean Port Joli, Québec, May 1 to June 23, 2017, from July 3 to August 25, 2017 and from September 4 to October 27, 2017.
Est-Nord-Est is an artist-run centre in which the principal mandate is to give production support to artists engaged in the process of research / creation through its residency program. The residency periods in the spring, summer and fall bring together up to four artists at a time, as well as a curator or a writer of contemporary art. For eight weeks, the artists have the opportunity to create and work in a stimulating and vibrant cultural environment.
Originally based on the idea of an encounter between contemporary sculpture practices and those using traditional skills, Est-Nord-Est today welcomes artists from all disciplines who have a contemporary visual art practice. The residencies at Est-Nord-Est are intended for both established and emerging professional artists from all around the world. Est-Nord-Est is part of Res Artis - Worldwide Network of Artist Residencies, one of the host organizations for Pépinières européenes pour jeunes artistes and a member of the Regroupement des centres d’artistes autogérés du Québec.
Est-Nord-Est is located in Saint-Jean-Port-Joli, a village on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, about 115 km from Quebec City and 350 kms from Montreal. The region features a strong presence of farmland and forests along with the maritime atmosphere of the River.
The Map mobility program aims at promoting the mobility of a young artists and accompanying them in their professionalization process on the European and international stages.
3 projects selecteds on three different periods :
- from May 1st to June 23th 2017
- from july July 3rd to August 25th 2017
- from September 4th to October 27th 2017.
The residency of 8 weeks includes the following:
• An honorarium of 4000 $ Can.
• Lodging in a house close to the studios, which is shared with the other artists and the curator or writer;
• Access to a private studio;
• Technical and logistical support;
• Access to wood and metal workshops as well as tools for working various materials such as stone, ceramics
and so on;
• Access to a computer and audiovisual material;
• Use of a bicycle.
See detailled list of equipements
How to apply :
- All information on this document
- To help you to apply, please download guidelines
- Connect you and apply on emobility.pro